You know your local community and who is most likely to appreciate the difference in people’s lives collaborative courts make. Start with them. Local Fund Committee Member Identifier
Who do you know?
- In your recovery community who is comfortable telling his/her story and is a person of good standing in your community?
- Who is a family member of a program participant who is also comfortable telling his/her story and is a person of good standing in your community?
Judges make excellent members of your Local Fund Committee. Keep these three things in mind:
- You may only use their names not their titles on your publicity for your fund.
- When sending out fund raising letters or invitations, judges may help by contacting other judges. They cannot reach out to the general public.
- Judges are excellent for speaking engagements and they will NOT ask for money. That will be up to you or other members of your Advisory Board.
Who are your program graduates in good standing? These individuals have much to offer.
- They will know:
- Participant needs that if addressed will make a significant difference in assuring successful outcomes.
- Members of your area who are active in the recovery community who may be willing to help in a myriad of ways.
You want your Local Fund Committee members to contribute at least two if not all three of the “W’s”: Wealth, Work and Wisdom!