How this works: The California Collaborative Court Foundation serves as the fiscal agent for Local Fund Committees dedicated to addressing unfunded needs of people in judicially-supervised treatment programs (e.g. adult drug court, juvenile drug court, veterans’ treatment courts, co-occurring disorders courts, mental health courts and more).
The CCJC Foundation is an innovative approach to non-profit management that partners with California’s collaborative justice courts. By assuring administrative functions are addressed, Local Fund Committee members may focus specifically on raising money and addressing the needs of program participants whose lives have been compromised by the disease of addiction.
Thank you for your interest.
Benefits of a Local Fund Committee of the CCJC Foundation:
- Status of a 501-c-3 nonprofit
- Administrative and fiscal oversight provided by a governing Board of Directors.
- Capacity to accept donations online or by mail.
- Federal and state tax filings with the IRS and Franchise Tax Board and others.
- Website access
- A network of Local Fund Committees in California engaged in providing support to their local collaborative court participants
Let’s get started!
► The CCJC Foundation is the legal entity which allows your donors’ gifts to be tax deductible. You need to:
- File signed copies of your Designated Fund Agreement with the CCJC Foundation’s office before you begin raising money.
- Be ready to maintain a minimum balance of $250 in your Fund with the CCJC Foundation at all times.
Accounting Requirements (all information provided goes towards satisfying IRS and Franchise Tax Board requirements and is invaluable in fund raising):
► Fund Distribution Quarterly Summary (used to help your Local Fund Advisory Board and the Foundation tell the stories of your success!)
► Annual Report to the CCJC Foundation Board of Directors (used by the Board of Directors to issue our Annual Report to the donors and for fund raising efforts will benefit your jurisdiction and the Foundation)
Matching Grant Opportunities